When is it on?
0427 110 968
About the event
Build your confidence and learn the simple art of seafood with Anna Philips, Seafood Master and Foundation Teacher at the Sydney Seafood School.
Anna has a commitment to and has a passion for sustainable seafood with over 40 years experience teaching and writing about Australian seafood. She takes her inspiration from freshwater rivers to the NSW South Coast.
When cooking seafood it’s all about timing and a fresh seasonal product for the right dish. With delicate fish you need to celebrate with unique flavours and enhance with fresh herbs. For balancing textures with cuttlefish, octopus and squid, pair with breadcrumbs, crispy pancetta or capers.
In this class you will learn:
* seafood has seasons just as other fresh produce and that sustainable seafood choices are very achievable
* how to clean and prepare a whole squid to cook two ways
* how to fillet a whole fish
* how to bake the whole fish for a table feast
* all about mussels – a delicious mollusc packed with iron and so quick and easy to prepare.
* all about prawns – cooked v’s raw
Tips and tricks for purchasing, storage and just how easy seafood can be to cook.
After our cook up we will sit down for a seafood feast with local wine.
Cut of date for booking is Thursday 13th October at 9.00AM